Computer vision and Machine Learning Researcher
Job Type: Full time contract
Job Salary: Depending on the academic degree and professional experience of the candidate
Job Location: Lisbon or Porto, Portugal
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform research activities within the Intelligent Systems group, namely in the area of Image Processing. It is expected the candidate to contribute for the innovation area of decentralized health technology (for , or portfolio items) or in portfolio item.
Tasks: The candidate will work on the following tasks:
· Research and develop image processing algorithms for segmentation or detection purposes;
· Research and implement machine learning / deep learning models for data classification;
· Investigate and develop methods suitable to explain and support the decisions;
· Deploy the developed models in mobile applications or embed in edge devices;
· Write deliverables and contribute to research papers.
Candidates with experience in the development of computer vision and machine learning methods and knowledge in explainable artificial intelligence are preferred.
Interest in health or industry applications will be valued. Previous working experience on relevant areas will be highly regarded.
The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English communication skills.
· Excellent programming skills (at least 2 of the following: C++, Python, OpenCV, Java - Android);
· Experience in image processing and analysis;
· Scientific knowledge in machine learning framework(s) (sklearn, pyTorch, Tensor flow, Keras);
· Experience in explainable artificial intelligence will be valued;
· Proficiency in English both spoken and written.
· Academic Master degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or equivalent 2nd cycle complete) in the area of Biomedical Engineering, Informatics Engineering and Computer Science or similar.
· More than 6 months of professional experience or research experience in R&D projects;
What we offer:
· Excellent work conditions;
· Being part of the team of the largest applied R&D organizations of Europe;
· Adequate salary;
· Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected. A first cut-off to evaluate CVs day will occur on the 10th of August 2019.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
· CV + Motivation Letter
· Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome